ODYSSEY SCHOOL NETWORK
Odyssey was founded on the conviction that education will be one of the most significant issues of the twenty-first century. In an era marked by profound social, ecological and geopolitical transformations, education is not only an essential personal capital, but above all it is “the most powerful weapon which you can use to change the world” (Nelson Mandela).
As the name suggests, Odyssey is first and foremost an adventure which our small group of founders embarked on out of passion:
- Passion for education, a deeply altruistic activity, combining the transmission of knowledge, kindness, high standards and innovation. Teaching demands true expertise, but above all it is a vocation, requiring soulfulness and great awareness of the fact that the education provided to our pupils helps shape their futures, and thus, the world of tomorrow..
- A passion for France and the French language, which, throughout the world, embodies the spirit of the Enlightenment and values. In a globalised world, where English has become the main vector for communication, the French culture and language present an opportunity for our pupils to excel within the international educational landscape.
Beginning with preschool, Odyssey schools provide an academic education in French, English, and the host country’s native language, all within the framework of the French national curriculum. These are delivered by French and international teachers, using proactive and personalised teaching. Pupils gain autonomy and become educated future citizens as actors in their own learning as a result of a “French-style” education that incorporates the spirit of the Enlightenment and humanist ideas. Odyssey’s schools are a true community that opens students up to the world, and which allows them to thrive and develop the essential skills for dealing with the challenges of the 21st century.
At all Odyssey’s schools, our highly educated teaching staff are dedicated to guiding each and every one of our students to success and laying the groundwork for their futures in higher education. The French baccalaureate, which our pupils would acquire upon completion, is a veritable passport to the globe, opening doors to the greatest colleges / universities in any country.
In 2021, Odyssey brought together 14 schools in Europe, Africa and Asia, all accredited by the French Ministry of Education. Recognised by the French authorities for the quality of its educational provision, the Odyssey group has entered a framework agreement with the public operator, the French Foreign Education Agency (AEFE), thus confirming its role as a privileged partner within the network of French overseas education.
Odyssey brought together 14 schools in 2021 from Europe, Africa, and Asia, all of which are authorised by the French Ministry of Education. Recognised by the French authorities for the high quality of its educational offerings, the Odyssey group has signed a framework agreement with the public operator, the French Foreign Education Agency (AEFE), reaffirming its position as a preferred partner in the French foreign education network.
WHY CHOOSE ODYSSEY?
Odyssey brings together international French high schools around the world, forming an educational community united around strong human values and a mission of educational excellence, driven by teachers committed to the success of our pupils and the influence of French culture. Discover the 4 pillars:
An international French education
- Providing an excellent education
- A multilingual international education, opening up our pupils to the world
A fulfilling environment
- A united and caring community
- High-quality schools, providing a premium service
- Fundamental knowledge
- Multilingualism and culture
- General Science and Technology
- Sports and human values
- Methodology and reasoning
- Differentiation and evaluation
- Project-based learning
- Oral expression