OUR STORY

LPE HO CHI MINH

La Petite Ecole, which was founded in Singapore in 2012, launched in Ho Chi Minh City in September 2017, in the tranquil and family-friendly neighborhood of Thao Dien.

La Petite Ecole de Ho Chi Minh was accredited by the French Ministry of Education in 2020 for cycles 1 and 2. Since then, it has collaborated with the Agency for French Education Abroad (AEFE), as has its Singaporean sister school, which has been collaborating with the AEFE for nine years.

The French curriculum is taught in all class in both French and English by two native teachers.

In Ho Chi Minh City, La Petite Ecole welcomes children from 12 months old in the nursery, 3 to 6 years old in our preschool, 7-9 years old for primary Cycle 2 and from 10 to 11 years old for the final year of primary school – Cycle 3 (CM2). We offer a true bilingual education: 60% of the curriculum is taught in French, while the other 40% is taught in English — an unprecedented offer in Ho Chi Minh.

The school welcomes families from all walks of life. It is open to its host country, its languages and its culture.

Students are put at the center of the learning process at La Petite Ecole, where they play, build, learn, and evaluate. By incorporating the usage of new technology, a creative and one-of-a-kind educational system encourages autonomy, curiosity, and motivation. Individual attention is provided to children who speak little French, allowing them to achieve a decent level of French as soon as possible.

Since early 2021, all La Petite Ecole schools in Asia have become members of the Odyssey international school network.

Based in Paris, Odyssey is a growing international network of schools (currently 14), bringing together French schools from all over the world, ranging from preschools to high schools.

Supported by French schools, the Odyssey network was founded by well-known figures in the French education sector and is committed to promoting French education abroad. Luc Chatel, who served as the former French Minister of Education, the Secretary of State for Industry, and a government spokesperson, among other prominent roles, is the head of the Odyssey network.

La Petite Ecole, a small-scale, caring and joyful school!

THE FOUNDING VISION OF LA PETITE ÉCOLE

The founding vision of La Petite Ecole has always been to offer the very best of French education to children across the world. We place great emphasis on the following:

01

Excellence

The official French curriculum, guaranteeing a high standard of teaching, the best human and teaching resources, and an environment conducive to academic growth and success, both in French and English.

02

Opening out to the world

A community of international families and a multicultural teaching team, open towards the host country, its culture and its language.

03

Helping the "third culture" flourish

For children who are born and grow up in a country other than the country(ies) of origin of their parents.

04

Creativity

Playing, exploring, imagining, creating, and marveling at one’s surroundings. Fostering the child’s natural creativity.

EDUCATIONAL AND TECHNOLOGICAL INNOVATION

Following the French curriculum while also drawing on international teaching practices to place the child at the heart of the school's project, facilitating differentiated instruction, overseeing the development of each child, using new technologies to put the child in control of their learning process, promoting their autonomy, curiosity and motivation, and communicating with parents while involving their children.

Do you need any further information?

The Admissions Office team will be happy to answer any questions you may have.